1996 Sentra injector pulse resistor

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
wildbill1398

I want to check the resistance for the injector pulse resistor, that small rectangular thing that they tape on top of the wiring harness just below the distributor. According to the shop manual you are supposed to be able to disconnect it but to me it looks like it is part of the harness and you would have to cut it off to replace? Am I missing something? If I need to get a new one, where do I find one? I can't seem to find this oddball any where for sale.

I am not getting the injectors to pulse. I removed the distributor, turn ignition ON, turn the distributor and no clicking sound. This car runs only when it wants to. When it does run it runs great.

wildbill1398

Well it seems I may have solved my problem. Although I still have no idea how you are supposed to replace the resistor (2.2K ohms) it did test okay. I was able to poke in the back side where the wires go into it. I believe other Nissans of this vintage have this same resistor. Some one some where on this website posted a pic of this resistor on a wiring harness they were either replacing or swapping in a 240sx.

My no start problem happens to be a bad MAF (mass air flow sensor). I found this out by accident. I had disconnected the connector to the MAF because I wanted to make sure I was getting voltage to the connector. I turned the key to the ON position and I heard the fuel pump kick on and prime the fuel system. So I tried starting it and it fired right up. I tried plugging in the connector while the engine was running and it died but only when it was pushed completely into the sensor. Just the smallest movement back and it will start and run. So it looks like it is connected correctly if you just glance over the engine bay. Just thought I would share my experiences.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”