1996 na to tt swap

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
jimmyzaa96
Car: 1996 300zx

Hi im jim - im new to this site - well actually im new to my Z as well - im a car nut love going fast ect.. Anyway i have just recently purchased a 96 two seater black on black Z and i love it - however i got the chance to drive my buddies TT and i love it even more - however im not willing to part with my Z bc i got a steal on it and having the last year it was built in the us is pretty awesome -- so my conclusion was to do a tt swap - i can get a jdm motor with trans ecu and wiring harness for under 2k with 45k on the motor and trans - all i need to purchase seperately is the intercooler setup - so my question is what do i need to lookout for with doing this swap ? is there anything else i need to purchase or should i be ok with what i have - and i have done motor swaps b4 just never in a Z so i know there will be some snags here and there - but overall am i ok with what i have? Thank u for ure time

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

the swap has bee covered repeatedly, read the stickies and most of your questiosn will be answered, and you are far more likely to get a good motor if you get the frotn cut, it's more money but includes everything you need and you know the milage fo the motor you are getting, the pallet motors are unknown milage and half the time turn out to be garbage, plan to seend $5k on the swap, maybe selling your n/a you got a steal on for a proffit will make buying a tt an even better deal

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”