1996 Maxima RPM issue

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
JavaKitti
Car: computers, internet, learning about my car, reading, graphic design, writing

I noticed right after I had my slave & master cylinder replaced a slight RPM jump when in third gear. Lately it has gotten worse. Everytime I speed up after changing gears my RPM's go crazy. Today when I was in second gear it jumped from 2000 to 3500....and eventually settled down and was fine. Anyone have an idea what I should do? Or what the problem could be. I don't drive my car hard, but I do like to drive it...and I love the power it can offer me at times.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Hmmm,

Maybe the MAF or MAF connecters got busted on during the job, not uncommon occurence and it may cause all sorts of weird symptoms.

Fred..:)

JavaKitti
Car: computers, internet, learning about my car, reading, graphic design, writing

Thank you for replying!! I am going to take the advice I got from both you and NISTECH. I appreciate it!!!

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Javakitti:Good Deal!Remember Nistechs advice tends to be more valuable than mine..

Fred..:oface

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”