1995 Q45 Trunk Room Lamp

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Gort400

I replaced my trunk bulb. It still wont come on. I next wanted to check the trunk switch, but cant find it. Can someone tell me where it is located? Thanks in advance.

Drake57
Car: 1992 Q45, 1990 Q45 (parts), 06 Sportster XLC, 85 XJ6, 08 4Runner, 89 Suburban 4WD, 75 Honda CT90

IDK where switch is, but on 1992 there is a connector for the trunk harness, it's located beneath driver side of the back seat. This connector is prone to failure, because it has constant voltage, and if a passenger in the back seat spills a carbonated drink, or some other form of water in the seat, this connector lies soaked in the spillage. On my 1992 the pins/sockets of connector to power the trunk opener and trunk lamp were digested. If this is the issue, fix is to splice around the connector, seriously, does anyone ever disconnect it?

It's fairly easy to remove back seat bottom and check the connector by giving each wire a pull, especially if you don't find +12 at the lamp, or the trunk opener servo.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”