1995 Pickup XE V6 - Water leaking on passenger side

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
natedogg1995XE
Car: 1995 Nissan Pickup XE 4X4

Live in washington where it rains 99% of the time.. recently my passenger side floor had like an inch of water. I thoguht it was because my passenger door might've been left slgithly ajar over a weekend in the rain, so I took out all the carpets cleaned them and dried them and recently put them back in. glanced down a week later and there was a half inch of water down there. so frustrating. something tells me I have a leak... I don't think it's an AC leak because I haven't used AC in... 6 months maybe.. they dont leak if you don't use them right?? anwyays. has anyone experienced this on their hardbody? Is it the windshield? is it a vent of some sort? any ideas of where to look first?

Thanks for the help!

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

hows your coolant levels? Heater core leak?

whomadewho
Car: 1997 Nissan pickup

Pull the passenger side kick panel. Possible the ECU is located there,not something you want to get wet. Lift the carpet up on the passenger side. Take a garden hose and apply water - 1 - The cowl area just below the windshield where the plastic guard is. 2 - run water between the windshield & the seal. ( possible windshield frame is rusted) 3 - run water - (lower area) - the gap between the door and fender. Behind the lower part of fender it's common to find rust holes. Dirt can build up in this area and water can back up. When you have the kick panel off,make sure the lower area isn't rusted out. If the AC drain hose is plugged it's possible over a period of time water can accumulate to the point where it leaks on the carpet. Does the water accumulate on the carpet when the truck is sitting or being driven or both? Also check the bottom of the door for rust holes. Water should run out the drain holes. A heavy rain could allow water into the cab area.

natedogg1995XE
Car: 1995 Nissan Pickup XE 4X4

FYI. Figured out the problem. AC condensation drain was blocked. I took an air hose and blew it out... bunch of water came out and now it's draining properly.

whomadewho
Car: 1997 Nissan pickup

Thanks for the update,helps others dealing with the same issue.

ml500
Car: 2007 Frontier XE

2007 Frontier XE: I know this is an old post but I'm having exact same problem today (9/3/2020), water leak on passenger side. Wet floor. My question ... how to access condensation drain tube?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

ml500 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:21 am
2007 Frontier XE: I know this is an old post but I'm having exact same problem today (9/3/2020), water leak on passenger side. Wet floor. My question ... how to access condensation drain tube?
There is a drain outlet nipple on the bottom of the evaporator case, under the dashboard on the passenger side. A rubber hose goes through the firewall practically straight down to drain the condensed water onto the pavement. From underneath on passenger side, just looks like an open rubber hose hanging down.
It's probably just the drain tube either clogged or leaking, which it has known to do on our trucks. The tube is buried above the passenger side cat, so it's not that easy to get at (though I haven't tried, mine works fine). I believe Nissan has redesigned a new tub that bends a little differently. The dealer can put it in for you, and I'm sure they'd warranty it.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”