1995 Pathfinder Clarion Audio System Help needed

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
staylong
Car: 1995 Nissan Pathfinder

Hi

I am in Liberia West Africa and recently bought a battered 1995 Pathfinder.After cleaning it up and getting it in order I decided to upgrade the sound system which was pretty shot.

I whent online and was able to find a few sites to take out the head unit and another to take off the door panels to access front speakers. I found this site and read 'boogers' ideas on the same system as mine and thought it would be a breeze. Wrong.

Firstly I couldnt find any decent speakers in downtown Monrovia that would fit and ended up with some less than favourable Sony explodes (whatever) and a Sony head Unit. I had to make some plates to fit the speakers in that I could then mount into the roof and doors. This is when the wife started to growl. The only material I could find that was strong enough yet thin enough to fit was her tea tray (Pressed wood and plastic). I never saw it used but now its something that was used everyday!!

Anyway that done I started to look at the wires. The way booger talked it would be easy. Wrong again. I found two amps at the back with another small plastic box attached. Tons of wires. Some I can identify as coming from the roof speakers but the two front door speakers dont seem to match any cable either at the plugs to the head unit or to the amps.

I just thought I could cut out the amps and join the cables attach to speakers and connect head unit. NO.

Help is needed. Wife now cant use car because its in bits for four days, the tea tray is history and I'm sleeping on a matress in the back (actually that bits not so bad).

I desperately need a color coded schematic. I need to know if the cables first go from the head unit to the amps for all speakers and then back to the speakers themselves. I also need to know what exactly are the two amp units in the back, one long one short. What is the small plastic box attached. I presume one is for driving the 2.4ohm speakers at the back and the other for the front 4ohm. Which is which? again I presume If one was front speakers they would go into the amp and then back to the speaker.

If anyone can help I would be very happy. Darkest Africa is getting Darker even in the daytime.

Thanx

Staylong

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”