1995 Nissan Altima SE Auto stutter

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
alazare619

I have a 1995 Nissan Altima SE, I've owned it for about 3 years now it has never ran perfect but did its job, now its time to sell it as im moving and eventually will purchase a z32 92 TT 300zx anyways. The stock intake box broke and I put together a shorty ram intake using the stock plastic piping but after start it will act like its dieing out i've tried seeing if its not sparking right by disconnecting plugs from the disy, also adjusted adjusted the timing by the disy, ive also noticed that the valve that attaches to the exhaust i belive egr seems to be smoking maybe dirty, there is also a loud noise in the valve cover or head that i cant track down that is very loud tick. Ive owned a 240sx prior and know a knock sound as i threw a rod but this is a little diffrent well alot. If anyone can help me figure out how to test my oil pressure and bleed the hydralic lifters would help to the power band is healthy but there seems to be a slight hesitation before it revs up half second to a whole second almost. Also the plugs that are in it are pregapped ngk's that i purchased from advanced i belive does anyone have the specs on the gaps. And in the intake you can hear what sounds like a gurgle. like when you pull the plug on a drain and the last bit of water flows through.

PS: this car was parked for over a year. and prior to park the ecu was throwing knock sensor, trans shift range sensor, aux emisions sensor. and now none of them are showing. and i ran it for about 40 minutes today.

QR25DE
Car: 2009 Altima Coupe 2.5L 6MT Turbo

The hesitation is it between 2250 and 2750 rpms? That's normal.

Did you put new gas in it? If it's the same gas thats over a year old, it's rotten. Any white smoke? Or any smoke at all?

alazare619

yes it smokes has and its dark, after doing the diagnostic mode 2 via the ecu i popped up map sensor and o2 rear / front (both) the hesitation is at idle, it will actually die if i disconnect the map sensor nothing changes, if i disconnect the maf on the other hand it idles fine other then its in limp mode and wont go past 3k rpm, ive cleaned the maf nothing changed im going to check the iacv tommorow, but i just cant figure out why its throwing map but the maf removed it runs fine...i did put some new gas in it havent filled it up completely yet as it isnt tagged.

QR25DE
Car: 2009 Altima Coupe 2.5L 6MT Turbo

Bad o2's will make it run like s*** same with a bad maf. I say swap those parts out and see how it runs. The dark smoke, is it black or blue? Black would probably mean too much fuel (bad o2) and blue.. well it'd be burning oil.

alazare619

its def a dark blue there is tons of carbon build up on the exhaust i know its burning oil cant figure out why did a compression test came up with 145 155 154 157

alazare619

the front o2 is like 17 bucks the rear is like 157 :S ouch

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”