1995 Nissan 240SX S14 Hesitation Issue at low RPM

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
x420BOOTYWIZARD
Car: 1993 240SX

Hey guys, I'm having a few issues with my friends car I'm trying to fix for him so he can cruise with the bois again. Any help would be awesome and appreciate the read.

This is for a 1995 Nissan 240SX with a KA24DE (No mods other then a 300zx fuel filter and MAF)

So this all started a few months ago on the way home from some errands, we were driving normally and the car seemed to cut out, my friend could hit the throttle but the car wouldn't rev much. We pulled over and took a look and tried to start it a few times and it wouldn't turn over. It was late so we got it towed home a few blocks away.

So recently I've tried to start it again and the car cranks healthy but won't turn over, so I assumed it was a fuel issue or spark. Decided to replace the fuel pump, fuel filter and spark plugs. Replacing the fuel pump allowed the car to turn over but struggle a quite a bit, so I put the fuel filter and spark plugs in.
So now the car will turn over with a tiny tiny bit of struggle, the idle seems fine nothing low or high. The issue now though is if you press the throttle very lightly down the car will rev all the way up to max and be fine, but as soon as you give any throttle harder the car sputters and cuts and hesitates for a second or two then revs up just fine. I'm lost for what it could be now so I'm just seeing what others think.

Things changed so far, Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter, Spark Plugs.
Things checked so far, MAF (Tried running it unplugged same issue), TPS (Reads fine), Injectors (Resistance reads fine).

Thanks for reading :)

NukeKS14
Car: 1995 240SX SE - KA24DE-T
AC Cobra Mk IV Rep.
2020 Civic Si

Have you checked the computer for codes? Could be a lot of stuff... clogged injector, weak ignition coil, timing. Best to gather info and make a diagnosis over shotgunning parts.

If no codes I'd put a timing light on it and check/set base ignition timing iaw the fsm, and follow the fsm for checking the internal coil in the dizzy and wiring too. Let us know what you find.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”