1995 manual tranny question

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
josh0224
Car: '95 Nissan Altima GXE 5 Speed

if my tranny leaks... should I go ahead and rebuild it (because it whines really bad too... kindalike a turbo) or should I just find the source of the leak and fix that specifically...

I've read that the whine is typical on a KA tranny (240 and altima's alike) so that's not a worry... although I would try to get rid of that annoying whine...

basically I'm curious as to which one would be cheaper, and which one would be more lasting?

also, heads were reworked with new valves and what not about 2 years ago and ever since I've had the car (2 years) they've rattled really bad... is this normal? if not, should I re-rebuild the heads? or just the whole dang motor and slap a turbo on it?

josh0224

I'm guessing all manual tranny's are the same through 1993-1997... if that's true... would this be worth the risk??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem

I NEED HELP!!!

josh0224

also, I've smashed the connector that connects to the speedo sensor... would it be better just to rip one outta junk yard car... probably... cuz I believe it's about a $55 part through the dealers...

nismo96ka

all the tranny's are not the same... for instanced i got a 94 trans for my 96 and the cases are diff. b/c the 94 didn't have the location drilled for the Crank sensor...so had to swap cases...not too fun.

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”