1995+ KA wiring diagram for Haltech E6K Install

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
spooler

I am getting ready to start a Haltech E6K install on a 1995 240sx with a KA. I have found a wiring diagram for a 1994 but unfortunately that has an external coil and power transistor which the 1995 does not have. It has an internal coil and transistor. So if you have the 1995+ diagram or know where I can find it without buying a Factory Service Manual, thanks!

Also any help on the ignition setup and ignition wiring would be great.

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

http://www.240sx.org/faq/artic...t.htm

All of the ones on there are accurate after checking with my s14 FSM, but honestly, buy an FSM.

Rick

spooler

All I need to know is what each of the wires that go to the distributor does. That pinout guide doesn't have everything. Does the FSM tell you that? There is only like 7 wires if I recall. Can someone just tell me what each color of wire does or something like that? It would really help me out right now as there isn't any money to buy the FSM with.:(

Thanks if you can help me out somehow!

KApwr

spooler wrote:All I need to know is what each of the wires that go to the distributor does. That pinout guide doesn't have everything. Does the FSM tell you that? There is only like 7 wires if I recall. Can someone just tell me what each color of wire does or something like that? It would really help me out right now as there isn't any money to buy the FSM with.:(

I have the 96' FSM but it should be the same for a 95. The 6 wire connector on the side of the dist. is the only connector you need to modify if you are planning on using the internal coil. The hookup to the E6k to the distributor goes like this: from the trigger input harness to the 6 pin harness mentioned above, (i'm referring to the wiring from looking straight at the connector, not at the backside of the connector, so please don't get it reversed) Also, this is for sequential operation therefore we are hooking up the home trigger also: the home (green) goes to the 3rd pin (white), the trigger (Yellow) goes to the 4th pin (black), power(gry/red) goes to 5th pin (black/white), and ground (black) goes to 6th pin (black). If you are planning to use the internal coil then hookup goes like this: from the e6k ignition ouput harness the ignition out (light green) goes to pin 1 (white) and ground (black) goes to pin 2 (black). That's it for the wiring of the dist. I would personally use a direct fire setup ( much better timing accuracy and more powerful spark). We hooked this as a standalone only but the E6k should have enough flexibility to control all the other functions of the stock ecu.

95_240sx

Oh my god, that is the most useful thing I have ever read on here seeing as im going to start wiring in my LinkPlus standalone this weekend and needed that information. Someone copy that to the FAQ's or something!

KApwr: AIM me at RickMer2!

Rick

spooler

spooler wrote:All I need to know is what each of the wires that go to the distributor does. That pinout guide doesn't have everything. Does the FSM tell you that? There is only like 7 wires if I recall. Can someone just tell me what each color of wire does or something like that? It would really help me out right now as there isn't any money to buy the FSM with.:(

KApwr, you are the man! :ylsuper

What ignition setup and fuel setup would i use with the internal coil setup? That would answer all my questions I think for the install! Would you be able to e-mail me a map that you are using on this car? You have to zip the file before you send them so they don't become corrupt usually. Thanks man!

[email protected]

AIM: spooler82

KApwr

Quote » What ignition setup and fuel setup would i use with the internal coil setup? That would answer all my questions I think for the install! Would you be able to e-mail me a map that you are using on this car? You have to zip the file before you send them so they don't become corrupt usually. Thanks man![/quote]

Well, the ignition setup in the E6k software should be set to Trigger type=Hall effect and there are more that apply to the Nissan trigger but I don't remember exactly what we inputed since Duy's car was sold. You might have to call Haltech for the rest of the setup. For fuel setup, set Ign/By=1 and Injection mode= sequential. There are more setups in the fuel setup portion that you have to input depending on what features you want to use. You have to read the manual and see if it applies to you or ask Haltech. Sorry i don't have any maps since we sold the car but i'm pretty sure you can get it to run on any 4 cylinder map that comes from haltech. I think it comes with an SR20det map so use that and tune from there. Good luck!

95_240sx

Do you have an email address KApwr?

Rick

KApwr

Hey Rick, you can email me at [email protected].

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”