1995 Altima GSE Starting problem

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
bigcad

Hi all,

My 1995 Altima GSE all of sudden stopped starting, I used the service manual to check and troubleshoot but found no problem. basically here are the symptoms.

turn ignition, get a strong starter attempt everytime.
checked wires, cap, rotor, ignition module, fuel pump, ground and fuses but can't get no spark to plugs.
noticed no starter attempt when in Neutral but this is intermitent.
also have an occasional drop of oil from under distributer, could this be the cause?

Been out of work 5 months, money is limited, start new job on Monday need my car, any help would be greatly appreciated as I will need to do this myself.

MaximA32

Have you checked the ignition coil?

bigcad

Yes I have checked the coil (actually put a new one on), since I posted this message I have also checked all electrical back to the ECM. I could not get the manual code flashes to perform from the ECM so I am now wondering if I have a bad ECM. Any thoughts are certainly welcome.

MaximA32

It's definitely possible that the ECM is bad but I would exhaust all other alternatives before dropping the coin on a new ECM.

rioredstang
Car: 1993 240sx SCCA ITS

You probably a bad distributor. The cam sensor is inside the dist. This is a common problem. Replace with a good quality dist.

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”