1995 300zx Not Starting

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
VictorEdinian
Car: 1995 300zx

A few months back, I tried to jump start my 1995 300zx (Using a v8 GMC Yukon). Saw sparks somewhere in the engine bay. Car did not start.

Yesterday, put in a new battery, checked all fuses, replaced relays. Nothing. The security light would flash. Brights would turn on. But no crank, no radio, nothing. Only the security indicator in the dash would blink. No other dash indicators light up when I turn the key. Only Security indicator.

Since the security light was the only indicator flashing, I figured I'd reset the anti-theft. Couldn't find anything on resetting the anti-theft. Several places mentioned disconnecting the anti-theft module behind the passenger floorboard. Did that. Still nothing. Obviously, the dash security indicator was deactivated.

At this point, don't know what else to try? I did manually lock/unlock the doors, closed the hood. Could this be an ECM issue? Any other suggestions? Driving me crazy.

Thank you in advance,
Victor

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

I would have instantly been chasing wherever it was you saw the sparks come from, a very possibly live short there.

DCaff300ZX
Car: .
1993 CRP TT- Modified

amc49 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:23 am
I would have instantly been chasing wherever it was you saw the sparks come from, a very possibly live short there.
Agreed, sparks would indicate the most likely problem in this case and would need to be diagnosed and repaired if there's a hard short, or you inadvertently had the jumper wires crossed and fried something.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”