1995 240sx Starting Problems HELP!!!

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Base9

Okay everyone I have a 1995 240sx SE 5-speed that will not start unless it is jumped and in the past month I still cannot find what is wrong with my car. I changed the the clutch to ACT, starter (twice already), the battery terminals, and new battery. I had Sears, Autozone, and the Nissan Dealership check my charging system and they all said that the Alternator, Battery, and Starter all checked out good. Then recently I thought it was my audio system that's draining all the amps out needed to start the car so I turned off all the audio and 12 volt outlet used in the car before starting it. It worked for awhile, but then it wouldn't start again unless it gets a jump. (what i noticed was that the alarm siren [which is an Alpine Alarm System] sounded like the battery was dying from the noise it was making when I unlocked my car). I also told the Nissan dealership to check on the clutch interlock switch and they told me that they switched out the clutch interlock switch with the fog light switch cause it's basically the same relay. <--- Could this be the problem? I am just running out of options here, because I have taken my car to 2 mechanics and the Nissan dealership and spent over $400 to still have the same problem.

drjohn

Sounds as if you need to take it to a competent shop and have them do a draw test on the battery. This is done by putting a volt meter between the pos. batt. post and pos. batt. cable and removing the fuses that draw voltage, clock, radio memory, sec. system and close all doors and go from there.

Base9

I'll get it test out and see what happens from there.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”