1994 Q45 - Have questions and need advice

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Omar
Car: cars, computers, fashion, my friends

Hello everyone,

Well, I checked out the 1994 Q45 and its in pretty good shape. Its black with beautiful tan interior. Its clean. The body is in pretty good shape except for rust bubbles under the rear passenger doors almost under the car. As I mentioned in another thread, it needs one fuel injector (thats what he said). I drove the car yesterday. Heres what I noticed:

- The car is shaking (kind of like when it shakes when it misfires). - The engine light is on. - The car even shaked when it was idling. - He told me the car had stalled a few times, but started it back up and ran fine. - The car drove straight. Brakes/tires in good condition.

Do the symptoms sound like a bad injector or MAF?

He wont go lower than $1500. Should I go for it?

Thanks,

Omar

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Even if it needs 2 injectors (250) and a MAF (150) that seems hard to beat... How is it other than that?

Omar
Car: cars, computers, fashion, my friends

Oh its great. Everything is fine otherwise.

Does the engine light come on with bad injectors or MAF?

Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

Omar, that is way too low for a 1994 Q45.

IF you don't do your own mechanical work, replacing the injectors could end up running well over $2,500 with knock sensors, MAF, injectors, fuel regulator, fuel pump, hoses, vc gaskets, spark plugs, and a major tune-up.

BUT after you spend that much, the car should run beautifully, as long as the tranny is good, the driveshaft is OK, and all the suspension is relatively new or recently replaced. If not, you could be spending another $3,000.00 to $5,000.00 on that stuff.

Most people wait to sell a car, after the shop gives them a repair ticket for twice the wholesale value (that is not hard with a Q).

Trust me, I have spent some dough on my Q's. BUT every cent was well worth it! The hard part was getting the boss' approval for the expenditures.

If you want the car, get it.

Start with checking the injectors, buying a new set of plugs and VC gaskets. Clean the heck out of the throttle body, MAF, MAF connectors, and intake hose. Replace the fuel filter, run about 5 bottles of fuel injector cleaner throught the car (in 5 consecutive tanks), then ohm out the injectors. 1994 injectors are much tougher than the predecessors.

redmanfx
Car: 92 Q45a

If you buy the car be prepared to spend another $3,000 in getting it running right either immediately or over the next year. The Q is expensive to maintain, but IMHO it's well worth it! Clean the EGR system as I bet it is caked with carbon build up from one end to the next. The MAF is simple to replace. Knock sensors are 123.00 a piece from Joe. $1500 is not allot for a Q, so be ready to spend some duckies to get it where you want it.

red

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”