1994 Nissan Rasheen sluggish

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Bzak1pgh
Car: 94 Nissan Rasheen

Hello, my daughter bought a 1994 Nissan Rasheen with the 1.5 litre, 104 bhp GA15DE engine. It's for her postal car due to being a RHD. Car ran great then, out of the blue, she lost hp and crawled up a steep hills about 5 mph. I drove it and it ran great in 1st but the second was ok, third u can feel the hesitation and 4th was really bad, sluggish and weak in 4th gear and same result going up steep hills....it's like it wanted to but something was holding it back like to much or not enough gas or air. It's an automatic. I turned off overdrive and it picks up until u push the gas down more and it starts to slug again. I checked the injector wiring with the red strobe and found that wires was great but had 1 injector was bad, I replaced them all and cleaned the fuel rail. I replaced all 4 sparks and coils. Same outcome. I replaced the throttle position switch and fuel filter also. When I paper clipped the obd I got a 1 Long, 2 Short then half hour later 5 L...5 S blink....then unplugged the IAC valve and it did great for a minute , then died out I removed the entire throttle body off and brake cleaned and wire brushed it clean and assemble it back with new gasket. Now it won't even stay idling now. I noticed a adjustment screw on the rear of the throttle body to see if adjusting the idle was needed since there was a no idle and maybe with the new injectors, needed adjusting...still nothing.....car won't stay idling.... I ordered a new IAC but my question is this...1st how do I adjust that adjustment screw back to factory settings ( if possible) 2nd does this car time with a light or is it un-timeeable so to speak being a import. 3rd psrt comes in tomorrow, if it still won't idle right...what then...and IF it does, what do I do about the sluggish throttle.
Engine is similar to a Sentra in some ways if this helps....I'm no mechanic but I'm really trying to help my daughter out....any kind help or advice would really help!!!
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

Return to “General Chat”