1994 300zx NA Clutch Adjustment

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
94NAzx
Car: 1994 Nissan 300zx 2+2 NA

Hi Everyone - I have too much free play in my clutch pedal and when I start the car cold the engagement point is basically at the floor. It gets a little further out as it warms up, but not by much.

I'd like to reduce the free place and get the engagement point further from the floor.

Is this as simple as extending the rod between the pedal and the master cylinder or do I need to make any other adjustments?

Thanks in advance

DCaff300ZX
Car: .
1993 CRP TT- Modified

94NAzx wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:07 am
Hi Everyone - I have too much free play in my clutch pedal and when I start the car cold the engagement point is basically at the floor. It gets a little further out as it warms up, but not by much.

I'd like to reduce the free place and get the engagement point further from the floor.

Is this as simple as extending the rod between the pedal and the master cylinder or do I need to make any other adjustments?

Thanks in advance
The FSM in the "Everything you need to know...Z32" sticky has the routine for pedal adjustment and nearly any/all other adjustments for the Z32. The procedure is not simple so you'll want to use the FSM. Also, hopefully you've checked the fluid level in the clutch slave, as low fluid/leaking can cause the same issue you describe.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”