1993 NX2000 barn find !

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
donimbimbo
Car: 1993 NX 2000
1990 Mustang GT
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands

The subject is only slightly misleading as it was not really in a barn. But I just bought a 1993 NX2000 with 11,770 original miles. I'm the 3rd owner. I actually knew the previous owners as they were family members.

The story is that the car was owned by my Aunt, but she didn't like the 5 speed. So she gave the car to her husband and she bought a Honda Civic. So most of the time they used her car.

My Uncle died in 2003, my Aunt in 2006. The car went to my Cousin who stashed it away in a garage and never drove it. He passed away this year and now I have the car.

The car has always been stored inside, but does have a few dings from the small storage area that it was kept in.

It has the SR20DE engine, T-top, the power equipment option, ABS brakes and air conditioning. Still has the tank of gas from 2006 and actually runs on this stuff, although I'll be draining most of it out today.

I see only one problem so far with the car, and this is the reason for my post. The control for fresh air / recirculate will not move to the recirculate position.

How easy / hard will it be to get at this area of the heater box?

Other HVAC controls seem to be OK so I don't think it's a cable issue. I suspect it might be a critter nest.

Looking forward to any ideas.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Might be able to find where it is here:
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Pulsar/1989 ... 89_FSM.pdf
If not, maybe try one of the sentra FSMs. Usually you can see it if you lay on the passenger side floor and look either up at the glovebox area, or behind the center stack.

donimbimbo
1990 Mustang GT

Not sure what my problem is with the fresh air / recirculate control. The whole glove box assembly comes out from the dash pretty easy. This reveals the A/C Evaporator section and to the right of that the fan section. The recirculate cable goes from the controls in the dash to some stuff in between the A/C unit and Fan. It's impossible to see back in there to figure out what's going on.

But it's looking like the problem is not in the dash control but rather the fan unit.

I'm thinking I might be able to drop the motor / fan from the fan box and reach up inside to see if the flap will move.

Big problem is, there is no telling if this ever worked correctly given the mileage on the car!

Any other thoughts?

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Not really, you basically just have to see if that end of the cable is moving as you adjust it at the dash. If yes, something is wrong with the blend valve or where the cable attaches. If no, something is wrong between the knob/slider, and that end of the cable :(

donimbimbo
1990 Mustang GT

This is an old thread but I wanted to say that I finally fixed the fresh air / recirculate control. As mentioned earlier in this thread, this car was sitting in storage for many years. I removed the fan assembly from the underside of the fan box and reached up inside and could touch the flap for air control. Turns out the foam around the edge of the flap just got stuck to the side of the box.

Works fine now!

I have not driven it a whole bunch. It still has about 12,200 original miles!

viprdude
Car: 1995 Nissan 200SX SE-R
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R
1993.5 Infiniti G20
1995 Infiniti G20
1996 Infinit G20
2006 Cadillac CTS-V

donimbimbo wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:41 am
This is an old thread but I wanted to say that I finally fixed the fresh air / recirculate control. As mentioned earlier in this thread, this car was sitting in storage for many years. I removed the fan assembly from the underside of the fan box and reached up inside and could touch the flap for air control. Turns out the foam around the edge of the flap just got stuck to the side of the box.

Works fine now!

I have not driven it a whole bunch. It still has about 12,200 original miles!

That is amazing! I live down in Chester County and have a few Nissan SR20 cars as well. B13, B14, three P10s. What an amazing find, hold onto the car forever! We are a few hours apart, but you should definitely go to the Carlisle show in Mid-May!

SuperSentra1
Car: '91 Sentra SE-R
'92 NX2000
'94 Sentra SEL
'99 Super Sentra

Sorry for all those losses but I'm happy the car found it's way to you.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”