1993 NA - Nose Piece - Dumbest Question Ever

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
leerandallstewart
Car: 1993 300ZX, 1987 300ZX, 1988 300ZX Turbo

For fear of being mocked heavily, I am reluctant to ask this question. I don't think I have any other choice though because I can't firgure it out.

NOSE PIECE: The damned nose piece (goes over the top of the air box) will not install in my car. I know there are 4 pins on the top of the bumper cover that are supposed to insert into the nose piece before you lay it down and bolt it in - but I can't get those pins to go into thier guides on the nose piece.

What is the correct way to do this? I know it sounds stupid but I can't make it work. BTW: I have the stock airbox, not a pop charger, and I am wondering if that is part of the issue. My son and I speculate that the airboxes are not universal through the years, and we are wondering if this airbox (we bought it on ebay) it supposed to fit on this car.

leerandallstewart
Car: 1993 300ZX, 1987 300ZX, 1988 300ZX Turbo

Help Please?

emiliog2276
Car: 1990 300zx 2+2 NA
2002 Nissan Sentra GXE

Can you post of a picture? Never heard of an airbox being different size among the years, because that would mean different size of air filter and all of them use the same filter.

REDWINTERZ
Car: 1994 Nissan 300ZX (Aztec Red with Black Leather)

It's not a fitment or year issue, the d*mn things are just a pain to put on. It took me a good 20-30 min of jiggling with it for it to work. If you notice in the nose panel, there are I believe four holes that you have to line up with the mounting studs on the car. They have rubber rings inside them which tend to corrode over time, and even get in the way of installing the nose panel. I would suggest keep messing with it, make sure the rubber isn't getting in the way, and take your time. Hope this helps! Let me know if you still can't get it, I'll try to take pics...

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”