1993 Maxima Fuel Injectors

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
mrt0503
Car: 1993 Nissan Maxima

I have had an ongoing problem with failing fuel injectors on my 1993 Maxima (VG30E, 247,000 miles). Two fuel injectors went bad last year and I paid to have them replaced (remanufactured). Another injector (not one of the original two) failed two months later. I replaced it myself with re-manufactured injectors. I have since changed the remaining three with remanufactured injectors. Two of those failed and I replaced those with injectors from a salvage yard (fuel rail still under pressure, injectors in excellent shape). One of those has now failed and I have replaced it. The failed units all show an “open” circuit when checked with a meter. Each time I check an injector and the reading is open, I can replace that injector and the car runs fine. I assume an open reading on my meter indicates that the injector coil has burned into or separated. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should be checking that could cause these injectors to burn out? The car runs too good when it is running to give up on it.

Thanks, Mike

RustspecS13
Car: '74 260z and '88 300zx turbo

They are just weak injectors.

Do not use any kind of cleaner on them at all, chevron techron is the only accepted cleaner that doesn't eat them. Also all the ethanol in todays gas destroys them as well.

Try to avoid regular gas that has "may contain up to 10% ethanol" but that will be hard.

You might want to consider upgrading to duetchwerks injectors. They make a kit to where you swap all 6 out to newer nissan injectors that are the same flow rating and resistance, but the connectors are different and they are the newer much more durable design.

~Alex

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”