1991 d21 2.4 engine

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
Truckhelp
Car: 1991 Nissan D21

New to the club so I’m not sure where I should’ve posted this. I have 91 d21 with the 2.4 engine. It quit running. Began running rich to begin with but finally quit. Replaced the MAF sensor and that didn’t help. BUT the MAF connector was broken and I’m not sure I have it wired correctly. Found a wiring diagram but it doesn’t match what I see in other research (videos) I have found. Videos I’ve seen show the B/W wire to the “A” terminal the White wire to the “B” terminal and the B wire to the “C” terminal. However the Nissan repair manual says the “C” terminal should have battery voltage with the key switch on and the B/W wire is the wire that has that voltage which is opposite of the wiring diagram. The truck will start and idle with the MAF sensor unplugged but as soon as you reconnect it the engine floods out and dies. I also installed a refurbished ECM as well. Sure hope someone can help. Thanks
Last edited by Rogue One on Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”