1991 Auto Maxima Top Speed?

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
gounc14
Car: 1999 ATX Maxima

Heya guys, you can probably tell by my car, but I live in the 240 forums, and I'm just visiting here for now =) A friend of mine was talking to myself and another friend tonight and claimed that he consistently drives his bone stock 1991 automatic Maxima at 145-150 miles per hour. I know for a fact that my car for one has a fuel cut off at I think its 120ish, but I'm not certain off the top of my head. Does anyone know fuel cut off numbers for that model, as well as theoretical and actual top speeds stock? I'd greatly appreciate it...I did do a search by the way, and couldn't find the information for this specific generation. Thanks guys, I owe you one =)

turdlett
Car: Cars, girls, and "girls:

Third gen maxima's have no limit to the speed. They only have a rev limiter 7000rpms in top gear. I own one so I should know.

cole_grant

I have a stock '92 SE with a 5-speed, and I've hit about 135, but that's getting pretty close to the limit. The specs I've seen place the top speed at 139. I don't know what the difference is in gear ratios between the manual and auto, but I don't think your friend could hit 145-150 unless he were going down a very long and steep hill.

turdlett
Car: Cars, girls, and "girls:

You're wrong because it's been known for maxima's to go up to 160. That is a modded third gen. But I took my max well over 125 on the dash and I had about 2k RPM left went I hit 125. Don't believe the specs you read. If you have a 5-speed 92 then you have the VE engine which on the dash says 145. You're car is capable of 145+. Before you post something like what's on you dash look at it first. I don't think you'll be looking at the speed and RPM above 125. I had my brother tell me the speed and RPM's. BEsides what's pretty close to the limit. More information is helpful.

gounc14
Car: 1999 ATX Maxima

turdlett wrote:Third gen maxima's have no limit to the speed. They only have a rev limiter 7000rpms in top gear. I own one so I should know.

You mean they have no limiter on the speed, like a fuel cut off or something...I guarantee you it has an aerodynamic speed limit =) And I seriously don't think its possible for the specific car that I described to break 140. Oh and he doesn't live in a hilly area ;)

jdmfreak

Yea IDK about that. Ive taken my 95 to 137 before. Probably wont do it again.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”