1990 s13 fuel pump isn't getting power

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
langlang
Car: 1990 s13 240sx hatch

Sorry if this is annoying but I'm at a loss here and I cannot find anyone with the same issue.

1990 s13, 5spd The car will start with fuel in the airbox via a spray bottle.

So long story short, my fuel pump isn't getting power. I know the pump is good because it works when hooked up to the battery. The fuel pump has a black and a yellow wire (yellow being power) and 0 volts are going to the yellow wire (and the black but that's correct). I have cut out the harness for the fuel pump and replaced it with soldered wire. I did this because the harness was corroded to pieces and the car was not getting fuel. As far as I can tell, the wire that leads to the power wire on the fuel pump from the harness is the purple and white wire from the chassis. This wire is not getting power at any point at the back of the car as far as I can tell, but I cannot find a diagram to tell me if its supposed to.

As far as I can tell there are four connections to the fuel pump assembly, and on the soldering points on the other side, only two of them are getting voltage. The second one, and the last one (from the left depending on how you hold it). The soldering point, and the wire that is connected to the power wire (the yellow wire i discussed above) for the fuel pump is receiving no power. Is this right? In my mind it can't be because it NEEDS power to operate, and I proved that with the pump. I need some help.

Basically my bottom line question is: Should the white and purple wire on the fuel pump wiring be receiving power?
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

NukeKS14
Car: 1995 240SX SE - KA24DE-T
AC Cobra Mk IV Rep.
2020 Civic Si

Did you check for a blown fuse? I think the fp fuse is in the fusebox under the hood.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”