1990 Q45 Steering problem

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
1990q45er

Recently I bought a 1990 Q45.. everything seems in working order except the steering. I am able to turn the steering wheel about 45 degrees left and right before getting any response in the tires. Past this angle the response is normal. The steering doesn't do it's own thing - i.e. if I let the steering wheel go, it will hold in a straight line. It's a little annoying to drive on the freeway.. has anyone had a problem like this, or would know what to do about this?

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Welcome to the board.

Might try a search as there is a lot of information in the archives, but you obviously have something or several things seriously degraded.

Post the dealer performed service history, please.

How does you suspension rubber look? Tension rod bearings and upper links in particular? Steering link ends? PS fluid?

1990q45er

The car didn't come with service records.. I sacrificed that for the cheap price tag and (what seemed like at the time) relatively few problems. I jacked the car up and looked under while my friend turned the steering wheel.. disaster! check out:

zerothread?id=137541

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”