1990 Hardbody 4cyl 2wd No Turn signals hazard lights

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
laurydee
Car: 1990 Nissan pickup D21 4cyl 2WD 5spd M/T

1990 Nissan pickup d21 4cyl 2wd 5spd

Turn signals don't work at all. Hazard lights don't work at all. I have replaced the turn signal switch. Headlights and dimmer work. No turn signals. I replaced the hazard lights relay switch. No help. I replaced the hazard switch on the dash. No help. I replaced all of the fuses. No help.

What is wrong with this truck? Please advise.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The way your truck is set up, all the power for the directionals and hazards goes through the hazard switch and then through a common combination flasher. The only things I see on the WD that are common to both systems are the Orange wire from the fusebox to the hazard switch, the Brown/White wire that feeds power from the hazard switch to the combination flasher, and the Green wire between the flasher and both the turn and hazard switches. Everything else would cause one system to malfunction but not both. Use a bulb-type test light (not a meter or LED) to check for power at ORG on the hazard switch. If none then ORG is broken between the fusebox and the hazard switch. Then check the BRN/WHT wire, if none then the hazard switch is bad or the ORG or BRN/WHT pin isn't making contact. Then check BRN/WHT at the flasher, if none then BRN/WHT is broken between the hazard switch and the flasher. Then check GRN at the hazard switch, the test lamp should flash. If not, GRN is broken someplace between the flasher and both switches.

laurydee
Car: 1990 Nissan pickup D21 4cyl 2WD 5spd M/T

Do you have a picture? I am going to have someone smarter than me check this out. Thanks so much!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Here you go:

1990 D21 Turn-Hazard.png

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”