1990-93 Rear Subframe Mount Bushings

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
whsonntag
Car: 1992 Q45

I have a '92 Q45 and my rear subframe bushings are badly degraded and sealing grease. I've gone back 5 years of forum posts and didn't find any information about replacement parts for them. I've called InfinitipartsUSA, Scottsdale Infiniti, and several dealers, and apparently there are none to be had. U do remeber someone posting years ago about ulrear subframe mount Bushings from the Nissan 300ZX Turbo could fit? but cannot find any information on that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

P.S. 1992 Q45 base, 109k miles, new timing chain, guides, water pump, thermostat, cooling system hoses, oil pump chain and sprockets, under- plenum hoses, tension rods, ball joints, bushings, rotors, calipers and pads, Eibach sport springs, Stillen cold-air intake, all fluids flushed...soon will be replacing fuel pump and fuel pump control unit (car not running - no fuel pressure...)

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

Welcome to NICO!
I'm very happy to see that you have done your guides.
Just curious as to how you have acquired your Q (G50) knowledge, since it would seem from someplace other than NICO?
Subframe..... Yeah I went for as 'OEM' an approach as practical. I used the poly subframe busing COLLARS, and prior to installation did surface prep, followed by a nice coating of spray RTV (aka 'flex seal' or the like). stiffened up and no squeaks (they did squeak prior to the RTV coating).

PaulR
Car: 1994 Infiniti Q45

Just found your post.

Did you find the bushings? And, did you do the replacement?

My 94 Q45 has a lot of vertical movement of the rear cross member at the bushing locations. I saw one post where the person claimed to have replaced them without dropping the suspension, but with no further details.

Thanks.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”