1989 rhd 240sx no start HELP ME PLEASE !!!

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
jnocera
Car: 1989 240sx rhd with redtop s13 sr20det

What's up guys i'm in need of some help :frown: so let me start off with a little back round story. I wanted something right hand drive so i drove to florida and bought a 89 rhd 240sx shell the kid told me it had a sr in and it was direct plug in from a stock sr harness now everything matched up and it only took me a couple hours to get everything in and plugged up but when i was done it cranks but does not start i have no power going to the coils at all now im running your basic redtop s13 sr but being this is my first sr install im lost :ohno: i check all the fues and relays i have power to the cam angle sensor and the fuel pump is deff working so any ideas would be helpful thanks guy :)

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

The coils get their 12V constant from a Blue/Red wire that the USDM models don't have provisions for. There's two plugs next to the battery that connects the engine harness to the chassis harness. The big grey one will have a large gage Black/Red wire on both sides and a large gage Blue/Red wire on the engine harness sides. Most people just tap Blue/Red wire into the Black/Red wire to get the 12V constant to the coils.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”