1989-93 and 1994-97 240SX Hatchback carpet

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
rcfryer
Car: 62 Buick Invicta convertible

For all of you who have the hatchback models and can't find carpet, I have good news: One of the manufacturers wants to make the molds for these carpets. I need one car from each year span in the Georgia area to take their car over to the plant in Dalton, GA so they can take an impression of the floor pans. They will remove your current interior carefully, take the impression, then reinstall your interior. For your efforts, each donor car owner will receive a free set of carpets in the color of his choice. Expect to spend the better part of a day there. Contact me if you are willing to do this and I will provide you with the contact name and phone number, and I will let the contact know that you are going to be calling him for this project. If we can get these molds made, it will benefit a lot of people in Nico. Call or email me if you are interested.Best Regards,Ron

Dookie
Car: 1993 240sx Coupe

no coupe love?

metalmulishiaS13
Car: '89 Nissan 240sx with a RB25det and hopes and dreams

I have a 1989 240sx, and i live in forsyth county.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Dookie wrote:no coupe love?
Ron already has carpet for the coupe, $99 IIRC.

navysnail
Car: 1990 240sx fastback

i live in fayette, and have a 90, i may be able to do it, may not. give me a day to find out

rcfryer

The coupes and convertibles are already available. There are molds available for these carpets. Take a look on my website and you will see them.Best Regards,Ron

rcfryer

Please send me a private email and I will give you the details for you to take your car in for the mold.Best Regards,[email protected]

BadMojo
Car: 2007 Mazdaspeed 3

Very nice! I'm definitely ready to buy some new carpet once the molds are made and production starts. This is great news for fastback owners!

Now...if only we could get new OE-style floormats.

Neejay

BadMojo wrote:Very nice! I'm definitely ready to buy some new carpet once the molds are made and production starts. This is great news for fastback owners!

Now...if only we could get new OE-style floormats.
I second the OE-style floormats.

GrubyFngaz
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

I third the OEM style floor mats as well. Ron please get us some OEM floor mats as well.Josh

BadMojo

GrubyFngaz wrote:I third the OEM style floor mats as well. Ron please get us some OEM floor mats as well.Josh
New floor mats AND carpet would bring tears of joy to many S13 owner's eyes.

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

I could bring mine in on a saturday...I need plain black carpet...-Chet

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Floor mats... Hmmmm.

I think we have an advertiser popping in (in the next week or so) that does OEM and custom mats for Nissans.

BadMojo

AZhitman wrote:Floor mats... Hmmmm.

I think we have an advertiser popping in (in the next week or so) that does OEM and custom mats for Nissans.
Sweet! It's shaping up to be a Merry Christmas for me! Carpet AND floormats!

rcfryer

I believe that we have a donor car for the 89-93 hatchbacks. I will keep you in mind if it doesn't work out.Best Regards,Ron

cryO

Are you sure the carpets are different for the passenger area of the coupe and fastback? trademotion.com lists all the floor pans, brackets, reinforcements, etc as being the same for both models.http://www.trademotion.com/par...gid=2

rcfryer

The difference is in the length and the way the carpet fits on the rear seat riser. The fastback has a different rear seat riser and the rear seat cushion is different too. We have tried to install the coupe carpets in the fastback, but there is no way to make them fit properly. The link you provided took me to the floor pan you found, and there are no ends on it. That floor pan is just the center section of the floor without the seat riser or toe boards. It doesn't specify how much of your old floor to leave in place. While the center section of the two floors may be identical, the back ends are not; therefore the coupe carpet will not fit the fastback. I do appreciate your research and your efforts to try to save the manufacturer the money foor the molds. We need more concerned people like you on this site. Keep up the good work.Best regards,Ron

koukiKA240
Car: 1991 240sx KA-T

make sure the car goin in has a clean title and now wrecks. wouldnt want it to be off in all the wrong places. But once this mold is made i will be on the list for some grey carpet.~Sam

N.O. Accorderz

groupbuy on the s13 hatch when yall guys finish? =)

BadMojo

N.O. Accorderz wrote:groupbuy on the s13 hatch when yall guys finish? =)
I'd definitely be in for that. It's too damn cold to install anything right now, but I'll buy the carpet as soon as it's ready and just put it in this Spring if we can get a group buy going.

rcfryer

I guess I owe you an apology. The information I gave you was not correct. I had received this information form the carpet manufacturer concerning the size and shape of the floorpans when I inquired about hatchback carpeting. I am now told that one of the employees of the carpet manufacturer has a hatchback and has installed the coupe/convertible carpet in their car and it fit fine. There were no alterations necessary. From this, I have to assume that the hatchback floor pans are identical to the coupe and convertible. Please accept my apology and than you for your input. I'm just gald that all of this has solved an issue for the club. The hatchback carpets are now available. Best Regards,Ron

Hellion240sx
Car: 1992 240sx se

ok how much and what is your website?

Neejay

rcfryer wrote:I guess I owe you an apology. The information I gave you was not correct. I had received this information form the carpet manufacturer concerning the size and shape of the floorpans when I inquired about hatchback carpeting. I am now told that one of the employees of the carpet manufacturer has a hatchback and has installed the coupe/convertible carpet in their car and it fit fine. There were no alterations necessary. From this, I have to assume that the hatchback floor pans are identical to the coupe and convertible. Please accept my apology and than you for your input. I'm just gald that all of this has solved an issue for the club. The hatchback carpets are now available. Best Regards,Ron
Yeah, do you have a website or at least any pics of it inside and outside the car?

MYK
Car: 1995 240SX SE, 1997 GTI-VR6

okay so two posts up you said you (your shop) tried putting coupe carpet in a fastback and couldn't get it to work. But your supplier said it could be done. I'm confused. Not busting balls just trying to figure out if this is really going to work or not. I need carpet for my fastback too. Well not really, but some nice black carpet would look better than my faded out grey.

rcfryer

My shop has not tried to install this particular carpet. I was given the initial information by the manufacturer, who said that there were differences in the floor pan. The same manufacturer now says that their shop has successfully installed the coupe carpet in the hatchback and that it fits fine. All I have to go by is what the manufacturer says about the carpet. They have assured me that it will fit the hatchback model as well as the coupe and convertible. They have also made a die cut cargo area carpet for the hatchback, but it does not have the serging around the cutouts. Since it is cut pile carpet, that should not make any difference as far as durability goes. If you want to try a carpet in your car, let me know. If, for some reason it does not fit, I will buy it back. I would like a NICO member to try it out and see for sure if it fits properly. Best Regards,Ron

rcfryer

Yes, I have a website, but no pictures. Why don't you install the carpet in your car and then post pictures on this site so everyone can see for themselves how the carpet fits? I cannot test fit the carpets myself because I don't have a car to put them in. Since you have a car, and I assume it's a fastback, why don't you purchase a set of carpets and install them in your car? If they don't fit, I will buy them back from you. If they do fit, then you have what you want and can share your experience with others, right here in the forum. Either way, you will be doing a service for all the members with hatchbacks. Let me know if you are up to the challenge.Best Regards,Ronhttp://www.autoupholsterykits.com

rcfryer

1989-93 240SX Molded, Coupe, convertible or hatchback acs449 $99.00 1989-93 240SX Hatchback cargo area, Die cut, does not have serging around the cutouts acs449H $79.00 http://www.autoupholsterykits.com Group buy will save you $30.00 off the molded carpet and $25.00 off the cargo area carpet.I do not want to do a group buy on the hatchback carpet until someone has installed one in their car and made sure that it fits properly. Once this is done, we can proceed with the group buy. Best Regards,Ron

AZhitman
Administrator

MYK - I posted a pic of my carpet kit in the convertible forum... Look for a thread having to do with "door pillar removal".

The carpet kit was a great fit, BTW. Looks awesome.

rcfryer

Hello MYK.It seems that AZhitman has already fitted the carpet into his hatchback, so there is no longer an issue of weather or not it fits. Since this has been tried and tested, I feel confident that members can get this for their cars and not have any problems with installation. Problem solved! Thanks to everyone for all your help and comments.Best Regards,Ron

MYK
Car: 1995 240SX SE, 1997 GTI-VR6

I think someone else was looking for pics, but thanks.

Also note that this was in a vert, not a fastback so the issue is still there. I wish I could take you up on your offer to try it out, but I'm sort of broke right now since I've been on a spending spree lately with this car and my other one actually, they both need stuff. let me check my finances, if I can I will take you up on that offer and help out some fellow Nico members as well.

myk

Return to “Interiors”