1987 Nissan Sleeper/Drift Van! - Need Help!

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
blindsideair
Car: 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
1987 Nissan Van
2011 Ford F-150 Raptor

Mods: I didn’t know what forum to put this in. Please move if it could be better categorized elsewhere.

Hey Everyone, I need your help! I’m trying to decide what to do with my SR swapped 1987 Nissan Van. Build it. Trade it, or Sell it.

If I build it, I want to build it out with the goal of being a stupid fast sleeper, eventually competing on a show like Netflix’s Fastest Car (but without the pretend drama) I unfortunately don’t have the time or money to sink into doing this full build on my own. I’m looking for suggestions or introductions to shops/vendors/companies who you think would be willing to work with me or help sponsor this project. I am new to this, I’d really like to work with someone who has ran the sponsorship and build gauntlet. I can be contacted at 423-503-8753, my name is Austin. I’m located in Chattanooga TN.

Sell / Trade: I need to do something with it! I really want to build it out! If for some reason I cannot get the pieces in place to get the Van where it needs to be in a reasonable amount of time, I’m going to sell or trade it. I’d only sell/trade for a track car that can be used to drift as well.

A little history: How long have I had it? I bought this van around 5 years ago. What’s it like to own it? It’s absolutely ridiculous! I’m always laughing everytime I drive it! Why you never see these anymore? When they brought this van to the USA, they put too large of a motor in them. After 4 recalls were unable to fix a fire issue, Nissan decided to offer a buyback at an above NADA rate. So, pretty much everyone sold theirs back. That’s when a previous owner out of California swapped the smaller and much more entertaining SR20DET into the Van.

Lastly, this car is too much fun for it to not be shared! Regardless of whether it gets built, traded, or sold, I’m going to make sure that I or the future owner shares this beast with the world! I’m taking suggestions for Instagram names!

Picture Time!

wa-chiss
Car: 1990 Nissan S13 H/C KA24E
2005 Toyota Sequoia
1976 Honda CB750F Super Sport

It would be a good support vehicle.

Return to “General Chat”