1986 stanza crisis

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
Cracker1
Car: 1986 nissan stanza

i have a 1986 stanza i got from a friend that runs like hell then he went threw a water puddle going too fast and now it wont start. ive tried alot to get it to work. ie replaced the coils but the intake coil still does not fire any help on this would be most appreciated it my only means of tranportation thank you all

NISTECH

You need to do some basic checks here. #1 since he went through water you need to do a compression check to see if the engine hydrolocked. 2nd do you have spark from the exhuast coil. The intake coil does not fire all the time only under specific driving conditions.Take a look at your fuel pressure ,what is it?

Cracker1
Car: 1986 nissan stanza

the fuel pressure is fine. i took the plugs out too see if it was hydrostatic lock but no water came out. so i dunno what to do im stuck. the car just cranks

NISTECH

What was you fuel pressure?What was your compression on each cyl?Do you have spark from the exhuast coil when cranking?

Return to “Altima General Discussions”