1985 Z31 NA not staring question

A home for 1983–1989 300ZX owners!
Jwolfe
Car: 1985 300zx N/A

Car was hard to start and rough until warm which took long time to achieve but would run fine and easy restart when warm. Now wont start at all. Thought it could be crank temp sensor but part is real hard to get to and Im not that mechanically inclined nor will any shops I dealt with care to do it without doing the timing belt removal. So far they tried MAF replacement and new plugs with no luck. Car just keeps flooding out. My question is with new plugs in can the temp sensor make it that rich that it still wont start or should I keep looking elsewhere? Thank you for your knowledge if anyones been here before. Ive had it almost 8 yrs no major problems 130k miles on it.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

CHTS should not cause cold start issues, only warm restarts. Start with the basics, check the ecu for codes, check for fuel pressure, check for spark.

85-300ZX

I agree with evildky, BASICS first.. My 85 wouldn't run useless I was pumping the pedal. after I bought it I did a whole tune up: plugs, wires, rotor, fuel filter, oil filter and synthetic oil, fresh fuel and injector/system cleaner. after that it will idle by itself still have one small miss but it's a 100% better than it was. hope this helps.

Return to “300ZX (Z31) Forum”