1984 and 1986 720 King cab

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.

Howdy folks,

I did not see an intro section so we will start here.

Just found this forum looks real good.

I have 2 p/u ,the 84 is wrecked hooribly on the right hand side, totalled basically.

I wonder what parts are interchangeable,bumpers,radiators,rear ends etc. any and all parts.?

It looks like the 84 has a better suspension on the rear end.

Heavier shocks and springs.

Is there a source for tech data[complete] for these vehicles?Maybe comparison data?

I have a couple of manuals,but they really do not go into what will work form truck to truck.

Thanks and I will be reading around here.

We are trying to git the 86 on the road agin.:)

It has been sitting for a couple of yrs.

fantacmet

Well I'm not sure if this is allowed but one of the best resources is a 720 owners group on msngroups.  [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] is the group e-mail but you can't access it unless you join the group.  The guy who started/runs the group races a 720 offroad to this day.  Guy is a wealth of knowledge.  There are other resources on there might give you information.  Moderators if this is a violation please delete this reply, but consider the possible helpfulness of this info for owners of the 720 as the msn group has ALOT of resources and guys who really know their 720 stuff inside and out.

Michael

Thanks for the heads up.Have to join another group.I dont know.
I will consider the idea tho.We are still fumbling about
Thanks agin

fantacmet

I replied to this earlier but it never went through , just occured to me how much of an idiot I am.  As long as the 86 has the same 720 style body and not the hardbody, most of the parts should interchange without trouble.  The only place there might be any difficulty is for example, you may have to use both front fenders to match up with the grill.  Or if the transmission length is different you may have to use the other driveshaft or get a new driveshaft from the wrecking yard.  I know there is a rear axle width difference between a couple of the years but it's only a 20mm difference so it's no big deal.  Radiator should bolt right up.  I would keep the newer rear axle if possible, as for the suspension on the older one, it might be a heavier duty suspension. 

Also since I have access to all the info in the group, if there is anything specific you need to know just let me know and I will check the resources over there and if that comes up empty I will ask, that way you don't have to deal with it.  Anything I can do to help.

Michael

71-521

fantacmet:
any help, freely given, is ALWAYS appreciated and allowed here...
thanks for the pointer...

Return to “Datsun 720”