1984 720 charging issue

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
ArtDecodon

My 720 aftermarket (Oriellys) fuel pump died yesterday. Replaced it..shortly afterwards the radio decided it would only work when it felt like it. Then the Alternator did not show a charge on the meter or idiot light. Hmmmm..installed new alt. still no charge. Noticed the horn wasn't working either. I expect there is a rely somewhere that went south.

Anyone know or have experience with this issue. Where is the relay???

Thanks so much

Don

waynosworld

You need to check all your fuses, just because they look good doesn't mean they are good, replace them all if you have to.
The second thing you need to look at is your fusible links, they are the black and green wires coming off the positive battery post, if you don't have a volt meter or test light to check them, then just grab each one with your fingers and feel for the wire inside the wire, if you cannot feel the wire from one end to the other then you have likely blown that fusible link.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Sorry to hear that your car is having trouble. I'm not all too well versed in your vehicle, but can offer an option for you.

Here at NICO, we have Factory Service Manuals available free to members. Take a look at the link in my signature and you'll be able to find the FSM for your car.

Return to “Datsun 720”