1981 Dastun 210 convertible

Here you'll find topics regarding the Datsun B210, 310, 610, 710, 810, 1200, and lots of other models - All are welcome!
datsun210cali
Car: 1981 Datsun 210 L$ 1.5L

I have a 1981 convertible Datsun 210 that was sold by a dealer in California who had an order from Hawaii to have 500 made into convertibles. He shipped 498 of them to the customer and kept 2 for himself. He sold one and kept the one I currently have in my possession or so the story goes. I have the information on the car (VIN, etc.) from the plant but I need to know how to get information on the vehicle, especially the dealership, after it left the plant in Japan. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Welcome to NICO!

Sounds like you have a pretty awesome rare car.
There are a few historical folks here who might be able to help you out.

Have you got any photos of the car?

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Welcome. Interesting to hear about a convertible conversion done to such an modest vehicle. I imagine the cost to convert might have been as much as the car itself. But it sounds like you have a fun, unusual car. That said, I assume you don't know the name of the original dealer that had the conversion done. Since the conversions were probably not authorized by Datsun, it will be a challenge to trace it back to the original owner or dealer. Although CARFAX would probably not have records that go back that far, it might give you a starting point to trace back the last owners so you can research your way backward. Good luck with your quest and post pics. :bigthumb:

Return to “Other Datsun Cars”