1981 720 lower link bolt?

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
keiffer671
Car: 1981 DATSUN 720 Z22

hey guys,

currently i'm redoing the suspention on my 1981 720. i've run into a few problems but my biggest one and probably the only one holding be back from finnishing is my driver side lower link bolt. the blot that connects to the torsion bar through a brace mounted to the lower link. it goes through the lower link and through the chassis keeping the link mounted to the truck. it runs though the lower link bushing and apparently has rusted down to the metal piece that is pressed inside the bushing...it's so bad that a weeks worth of penitrating lube and pounding of a hammer has not gotten it unstuck....even a press was unsuccesfull of braking it free. my last option is to cut it out but i'm real hesitant on doin this since i can't find a replacement online or in my local junker. any advice on removing this bolt or if any one has a spare i my buy of them would be much much appriciated..i'll post a pick as soon as i can.

Return to “Datsun 720”