1977 Datsun 810 parts questions

Here you'll find topics regarding the Datsun B210, 310, 610, 710, 810, 1200, and lots of other models - All are welcome!
slayuh!
Car: 1977 Datsun 810 4 door

A friend of mine recently acquired a '77 810 4 door, and asked me to help him restore it to long distance driving condition. It has faded paint, torn seats, bad brakes (maybe) and tends to overheat.

what I need to know is the following:

what parts can I substitute from other datsun/nissan models as replacements for any rusted/unusable parts?

-Radiator (also recommendations on an intercooler for additional cooling would be nice) -Rear axle/differential (i've read of people swapping in 280zx rear axles and diffs, giving the car 4 wheel disc brakes all around.)-engine (L28 swap? any other motors from nissan fit in it?)

-seats (aftermarket or other)

-recommended paint shops in LA

thanks very much

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

the radiator should be available form any parts store or radiator specialty shop, it most likely interchanges wiht the 280zx

intercooler!? you do know that an intercooler is only used on turbo cars, it would serve no purpose and offer no benefit on an n/a car

rear axle, I believe the 810 got the R200 so no benefir in changing the axle, and yes some years are pretty much the same as the 280zx, and the cv shafts should swap right in but you might need the companion lage as well, the brakes I think you'd have to swap the trailign arms form the 280zx, the maxima would likely be a better donor as the brake bracksts are bolted on

L28 yup, direct bolt in replacement for your L24, you could even swap in the L28ET, then adding an ntercooler would be sueful

seats, anythign fits, just gotta modify the brackets, miata seats are nice

slayuh!
Car: 1977 Datsun 810 4 door

most of
evildky wrote:the radiator should be available form any parts store or radiator specialty shop, it most likely interchanges wiht the 280zx

intercooler!? you do know that an intercooler is only used on turbo cars, it would serve no purpose and offer no benefit on an n/a car

rear axle, I believe the 810 got the R200 so no benefir in changing the axle, and yes some years are pretty much the same as the 280zx, and the cv shafts should swap right in but you might need the companion lage as well, the brakes I think you'd have to swap the trailign arms form the 280zx, the maxima would likely be a better donor as the brake bracksts are bolted on

L28 yup, direct bolt in replacement for your L24, you could even swap in the L28ET, then adding an ntercooler would be sueful

seats, anythign fits, just gotta modify the brackets, miata seats are nice
most of the rear axle is in pretty bad shape, rusted bad, but no damage to the body/underbody thats unfixable. it will be a turbo at some point, but knowing where to get a good cheap one would help later down the road.

cool that the l28 fits good, anyone got a totaled 280zx for sale?

jaimesix
Car: Datsun 710 , Datsun 610 , Datsun 1200 p/u

Hi. The 77 810 is a cool car. Any photos? Does it have the round headlamps? or the square ones? The differential can be dismounted, disassembled, thoroughly cleaned and re-assembled.

Used Z engines are easy to find at junk yards, plenty of Z cars end at yards today. You could get a mighty RB26T from Japan ( the engine the Skylines had in ) and fit it in with ease since it is also a 6 cylinder.

Love the project. I like 810s, and a powerfull 810 sedan would be awesome!

Jaime._____________________________________________

ericsyzf

Hi,

The L28 block has the oil pick up in a differnet spot than the 810 L24. In order for you to use an L28 you have to relocate the oil pick up and use the L24 pan. Back in the day I believe they were cutting the weld on the pick up and turning it to the right spot and just rewelding it. Just fyi.........Eric

Return to “Other Datsun Cars”