1975 280Z 2+2 rear bumper

Buy, sell, trade - Every Datsun owner has a stash of parts they don't use, and has a list of things they need!
Nor
Car: 1975 Datsun 280Z 2+2

Needed and hoping to find a replacement rear bumper for my1975 280Z 2+2. I've have had this car since 1977 and was on the road through the 80's. Has been sitting since the early 90's and after all this time, I have, after all these years, started the restore. I have completed the total mechanical, suspension, and all operational features restore and am now ready to do the final step of the exterior cosmetic restore. Very little body work is needed and a paint job. Problem is my rear bumper (which is the main reason for taking so long in starting the restoration). In the 80's, is when the bumper was showing signs of being a problem. Started on the left, from the curved corner to above the exhaust pipe. Also on the right side, same issue. Again, from the outer curved edge inward. We're not talking about a little rust, but completely rusting away creating holes of significant size. So, a same replacement or one that can be adapted to fit is my last hurtle to overcome. Needless to say, it wasn't a cheap process getting everything else back operational, well into 5 figures. With that much invested, can't have it all gone over for complete road worthiness and body and paint work to have a rusted, hole showing rear bumper. Any and all suggestions and leads would be greatly appreciated. I will also try posting this in general discussion to see if results can found.

Thanks, Ron

Return to “Datsun Classified Ads”