1970 - 2000 project update

Fairlady, Datsun Sports, Roadsters... whatever you want to call them, this is the place to discuss the Datsun SPL311 and SRL311!
Andy_In_SD
Car: 1970 - 2000 5spd Roadster, 1966 SPL311-1600 Roadster

I'm taking pics along the way as I redo this car, I'll host & post em at some point.

I've ordered a new tach, speedo cable & carpet set in the past 2 days. I'm building the list for the interior which I will redo by hand. That order will be placed this coming weekend. I've picked up odds & ends (Rust Mort is your best friend when starting one of these projects). I'll be prepping all of the chrome myself (remove old chrome, sand & prep for electroplating). All I'll need from the chrome shop is just "dip it".

I'll be at Datsun Motor Sports tomorrow morning to see if they have any specific items I need (I have that grocery list ready).

Car will be black exterior with a red interior. I'll be tearing the dashboard down (the foam is dead, dying and falling apart). I have an insert but I hate those things (the slip on "hide my sad dashboard" thing). The dashboard will be flat (old style) but done in hardwood like an early brit. I'll be doing all of the wood work (I have a C&C machine for wood).

Should be a productive weekend.

Return to “Datsun Roadster”