19 Rogue Charging system

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

On Friday evening, my POS of a Rogue decided to throw idiot lights for "Forward Emergency Braking" and "Lane Keeping Assist" malfunctioned and disabled auto high beams, while driving. Went to Autozone, and their system detected the charging system failed on the Rogue. Went to Honda yesterday (yes, my Honda dealer services and maintains to Rogue since the CrapSan stealerships are no longer affordable AND reasonable) and it passed the battery test; however, even going to MULTIPLE CRAPSAN stealerships none of them had enough techs and are backed up. I don't get why every crapsan stealership in the Orlando area charges rape prices, but couldn't afford to have more than 2 techs on weekends, makes no sense to me. However, they said the s*** Rogue's charging system is out of warranty (granted its lil over 4 years old, with like 29550 miles on the odo). Today, it just sat on the driveway for like 24 hours, and I ran 2 battery tests with a $50 battery test device I got from Harbor Freight for my daily, and it failed both tests with State of health at 26% on the first run and State of Health at 25% on the second run.

Since the vehicle is "out of warranty", I don't want to pay a diag at the stealership, any advice on how to go about it without throwing parts?

Info on battery: Made on 10/2021, installed on 01/2022. Nissan OEM battery.

Rockhoundrob
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

Many cars will act funny or throw weird codes when the voltage is low.
That means there is a good chance your alt or the battery is bad.

Figure out which one it is and change it.
If you want to take a guess, try changing the battery first.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Pay thousands for a charging system at the dealership.

Or the weekend mechanic can change the alternator for under $200.

Sounds about right. :rotfl

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I don't think I can read anymore of these rants, I'm gonna puke.
:squint:

datechboss101

VStar650CL wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:39 pm
I don't think I can read anymore of these rants, I'm gonna puke.
:squint:
I’m being as transparent as I can get about this vehicle and my experience with the brand. Its definitely a first for me where the charging system failed a test at such a low mileage, let alone a battery. Replacement battery has like 10k miles on it. Parents won’t get rid of this vehicle, as its been quite a moneypit for its age and mileage. And out of 24 years of automotive ownership in the family fleet in the states, we never had an alternator or battery kick the bucket this early in terms of mileage and vehicle age. And being honest, our 2016 Rogue was the most reliable Nissan we owned to date.
Last edited by datechboss101 on Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

datechboss101

casperfun wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:53 pm
Pay thousands for a charging system at the dealership.

Or the weekend mechanic can change the alternator for under $200.

Sounds about right. :rotfl
I thought about going to Autozone and buying an off the shelf alternator and have my buddy who does the maintenance for the Rogue knock it out. Also, battery been failing on my battery system analyzer consistently.

Any idea who is the OE for the Alternator?

Return to “Rogue Forum”