180sx rear differential help?!

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
blakewolfe15
Car: silvia/s13

Hey everyone looking for some insight on my silvia! When I purchased the car I was told it had a VLSD, in it but it was making some noise. It sounds like a loud rattle only in 4th gear when I let off the gas but it's definitely coming from the rear. It's not the driveshaft as I just replaced it with a one piece shaft. When I bought it , the car came with two other rear diffs. I opened both of them up and attached some photos of them. The one I believe is an s14 VLSD. The other the guy told me is a r200 two way LSD. The "r200" looks brand new on the inside like somebody just rebuilt it. Shafts all move perfect and no play. I just was seeing if anybody had any info on exactly what rear ends they are? Also thoughts on if anyone experienced this issue with the rear what it might be?! Thanks so much for you help and glad to be here!
silvia 3 .jpg
silivia 4 diff.jpg
silvia 2 diff.jpg
silvia 1 diff.jpg

seuksavanh_v
Car: s13 krappy1

Hi there, the one with 2 small hole on the neck support , is for S13 whitout ABS (because I have the same on my s13), the other one pretty sure is for S14/R32 with abs

seuksavanh_v
Car: s13 krappy1

note that you can put an s14/r32 diff but you need diff adaptor and the right lenght driveshaft and maybe rear cover can be differents

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”