18" vs 20" wheels on QX60

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
ullu

Hi,

I am planning to buy a 2014 QX60 AWD and wondering if I should consider the 20" wheels. Can you please let me know the pros and cons of the larger wheels? Do they give better gas mileage? Or is it just the for the looks? And does the SUV get higher off the ground with the 20" wheels?

Thanks.

BobOB
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX
2012 Nissan Rogue

Just found this post and not sure if you've already purchased the vehicle. Before I purchased the JX35, I test drove one with 18" and 20" wheels. Since I purchased the loaded version, it came with 20" wheels. I did notice that the 20" wheels/tires were a bit smoother riding. The bitter issue is trying to find a tire chain to fit the 20" tires. You are not support to put chains on this vehicle, but when you travel over most mountain passes, you can get fined for not carrying chains. I found a set that fit and will put them on the rear wheels if I ever need them. I'd be curious to see what you decided and how you like them.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”