17x9 +12mm fronts on s13!!?

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
djcantoba
Car: 1989 nissan 240sx
bone stock
project

Okay to start off, I have an 89' s13 hatch
factory suspension and 4 lug.
I am looking to put on some rota gridz in white (6 spoke)
Im sure most of you know what they look like.
So right now with suspension components all bone stock
Figured i'd get the wheels I want before playing with lowering the car.
so these gridz are
17 inch diameter
9 inch width
+12mm offset

will these fit? if not what do i have to do to make them fit?
and what tire size would work best
I was thinking of doing a bit of a stretch with a 215/45/17 front and 225 or 235/45/17 rear i know the 235 will basically sit flush with the rim, but ill do what i need to make this all fit. just need to know what i'll have to do.
fender rolling is probably a no brainer. :crazy:
but what else would i have to do?

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Yes they will fit and 215 shouldn't be an issue, when you get to 235 or 245 you start having issues with hitting things at full steering motion. That is after coilovers though, you shouldn't notice anything on stock suspension.

Depending on suspension travel or lowering in the future you'd want to at least roll the fenders.

djcantoba
Car: 1989 nissan 240sx
bone stock
project

biggie wrote:Yes they will fit and 215 shouldn't be an issue, when you get to 235 or 245 you start having issues with hitting things at full steering motion. That is after coilovers though, you shouldn't notice anything on stock suspension.

Depending on suspension travel or lowering in the future you'd want to at least roll the fenders.
awesome so for that rim size it should work out well all the way around without even rolling fenders?
I'll probably roll the fenders anyways while i have the wheels off because I do have tein lowering springs 1.5" drop all around that ill be adding in eventually.
but thanks for the help, i'll try to post some pictures of the car when its finished.
[S2000 orange with black and white passengerside offset stripe
and some cheap body kit that i've pretty much wrecked from crappy roads where i live.]

redSRpilot
Car: 91 240sx w/ redtop sr20det

Did the 17x9 +12 end up fitting good with tein springs? What tire size did you put on?

simmode1
Car: Red '95 S14

redSRpilot wrote:Did the 17x9 +12 end up fitting good with tein springs? What tire size did you put on?
'Fitting good' is a relative term. I think most will agree the any lowering spring + wheel combo looks like doo doo.

The wheel will technically 'fit' on the car, however it will also protrude from the fender all mexi-flush. You should pair these wheels with coilovers, adjustable camber arms & either 215/40 or 235/40 tires to make it look right.
This is an extremely common S-chassis setup & you would easily/quickly find the answer if you bothered to search.

redSRpilot
Car: 91 240sx w/ redtop sr20det

I appreciate your reply to my question, as a lowering spring and this wheel are not very commonly paired for reasons stated. As for coilovers and adjustable camber arms, I am well aware these are preferred, however I was only curious of how the wheel and spring combo fit. Obviously I bothered to search if I commented on another members question, not to mention it was from over 8 months ago. Not sure why so many people on this forum give people attitude. If I had started a new thread for this question then I could understand.

simmode1
Car: Red '95 S14

My bad. I paid more attention to the original post than your last post & thought you were the same person.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”