14 inch winter rims possible???

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
1_Sleek_Versa
Car: 08 Nissan versa SL

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone on here has fitted some 14 inchers for winter??

Here in Quebec winters are horrible and I don't want to leave my wheels on for winter.

At the first look, the calipers seem pretty close to my 15 inch wheels.

If possible I would like to fit 14 inch wheels because the price here on the rims and tire have a good difference. I would be saving around 200$ on all the package.

If yes, since my factory tire are 185/65/15....what may be the best size on the 14's??

Thanks a lot in advance, I really like this forum. Lot's of great information and helpfull people.

NewToVersa

I really doubt you can. Car manufacturer's usually put the smallest wheel that will fit over the brakes.

1_Sleek_Versa

NewToVersa wrote:I really doubt you can. Car manufacturer's usually put the smallest wheel that will fit over the brakes.
Well that depends...I owned GM cars since 10 years and all of them I could downsize allmost 2 inches for winter.

The rotors and calipers on my Versa seem pretty huge compared to my Z24's.

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

i was told by my local tire store (les schwabs) that 14s will fit

SuperTurbo

Well, smaller = worst

1. Less Ground Clearance2. Stock tires is very very skinny already (Don't forget this is a 1300kg car, not light at all)3. Is 15 down to 14 really that much cheaper within North America area? (base on what I understand 15 is the most popular)

AMD
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL 6MT

I would keep 15 inches. They're really close to the calipers, so I'm guessing most 14 inches would not fit.

I myself have bought 15 inches wheels from a Nissan Sentra. Paid 100$ for the 4 wheels.

Just look on http://www.lespacs.com

À plus!

mcheddadi
Car: R8

1_Sleek_Versa wrote:Hi!

I was wondering if anyone on here has fitted some 14 inchers for winter??

Here in Quebec winters are horrible and I don't want to leave my wheels on for winter.

At the first look, the calipers seem pretty close to my 15 inch wheels.

If possible I would like to fit 14 inch wheels because the price here on the rims and tire have a good difference. I would be saving around 200$ on all the package.

If yes, since my factory tire are 185/65/15....what may be the best size on the 14's??

Thanks a lot in advance, I really like this forum. Lot's of great information and helpfull people.
I dunno about 14ers but you can get pretty cheap barely used winter 15ers for 50$ each in Montreal. heck I got 4 brand new 255/45/19 tires for 200$ total. go check your local shop and try not going to the canadiantires, wallmarts and costcos

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

1_Sleek_Versa wrote:At the first look, the calipers seem pretty close to my 15 inch wheels.
And you would be correct. This was tried, oh, about 3 months ago by another forum member who happened to have a set of 14's hanging around. They couldn't clear the caliper.

So the answer: no.

Everything else, as such, is moot.

1_Sleek_Versa

I tried yesterday a 14'' rim from an old Sentra and did not fit at all, due to caliper clearance.

I found in a junk yard near by, 4 almost new 15'' steelies off a Versa, they were asking 140$ for all 4!!!

AS A BONUS...There was a black Versa hatchback in the junk yard, with the front all smashed up. As I was looking at it, I saw it had the rear spoiler of the Sport package. Took me 15 minutes to take off and the guy asked 45$ for it.

What a steal!!! I still can't believe. No paint necessary, simply drill and install on mine. i wonder how much the Nissan dealer would be asking for a new one. lol

mosquito_R
Car: 2008 Versa SL Hatch CVT

Ever Victorious wrote:
And you would be correct. This was tried, oh, about 3 months ago by another forum member who happened to have a set of 14's hanging around.
Hey EV, that was me, wasn't it?!

I ended up with a set of steelies from a Sentra. They're 0.5" wider, but I just fitted the 185/65/15 size for my winters.

AMD
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL 6MT

Exactly what I did.

Then I bought 185-65-15 Bridgestone Blizzaks for 45$ each on tirerack.com

Does not get much cheaper than that!
mosquito_R wrote:
Hey EV, that was me, wasn't it?!

I ended up with a set of steelies from a Sentra. They're 0.5" wider, but I just fitted the 185/65/15 size for my winters.

vjharpe

On my old Element (16 inch wheels) it turns out the winter tires and wheels from my old Caravan (15 inch wheels) fit just fine - the Element had been designed for 15 inchers and went up with the fashions. I would do a fit check before I put out any money.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”