'11 QX56 Intermittent Starting Issue

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
dastro
Car: 2011 QX56

I purchased this '11 QX56 with 80K miles about 5 years ago. Since then it has had an intermittent starting issue where when you push the start button number, the dash lights up but that's it. The starter doesn't engage, nothing. If you try again, it can do the same thing several times in a row or it can start, you just never know. It will start eventually if you try up to 7 or 8 times. It does it with new batteries or older batteries, it really doesn't matter. I had Infiniti check it out originally and they could not find anything wrong. Whatever the issue is it is not generating any codes.

I've done some research and haven't found much. I tried replacing the ignition relay and that did not change anything. I've read other owners have had the same issue and have had Infiniti start replacing parts but the issue was never fixed.

Any suggestions or advice?

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Just a shot in the dark, maybe a bad body ground.

Edit: Just saw this thread, ox4-start-issues-does-then-doesn-t-t560156.html

you can read through the whole thing, at the bottom user Silverhorn states he found the problem with his being the CD changer.
figured out the electrical shortage is directly related to the Bse 6-pack cd changer/radio. If you don't turn off your radio before you turn off your ignition, the Bose radio keeps running and draining the power. Eventually after many on and off ignition attempts, the battery drains. Infiniti is aware of this problem but has not gone public about it.

betzgb
Car: 2012 QX56

We had the same symptoms and replaced the started to fix the issue. The dealer said the starter can develop a bad spot where if it lands just right when you turn the car off it won't engage when you go to start again. Eventually the spot gets bigger and bigger over the course of months/years making the problem worse but that still very intermittent. After a new starter, never had the problem again and that was the only thing replaced. Hope it help you.

bdh075

in another forum titled electrical issues someone stated it could be a BCM issue. I'm new to this forum so I'm researchng. Looking to purchase 11 QX56 with 123k. So I read it earlier. Did you ever get the issue resolved?

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”