11 M37x gone, hello 12 M35h

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
ocwill1
Car: 2015 Murano, 2013 F150, 2014 Escape

So I got a nice deal on a new 2012 M35h the other day. Paying $40 less per month, better gas mileage, and insurance is $165 less.

specs - 2012 M35h Black/Black, Premuim/Tech/Deluxe Touring packages, 18" wheel package, Illuminated kick plates

I will be getting the 3m clear done this week, also will be getting 35% tint all around with 5% on sunroof...

So far it is nice, alot more power than the 37, mileage is better so far. According to salesman, this is the only one in this color and options in country. Not sure if I buy that, but have no other proof otherwise.

antzrus
Car: '06 M35x Premium/Obsidian/Bourbon/
Rosewood/XM/Tint/
ClearBra/SteelSkidPlate/Genuine CoCo Mats/Michelin CrossClimate2/Nav Hack/M-1

An outstanding machine-but if you live up North, put her away for about 6 months each year. What was with the X in the first place?

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Wow. I wish I could get one of those. Maybe in a couple years

kluken
Car: 2011 M37S

So what kind of killing did you take on the 11 37x? I have a 11 M37S that is 9 months old and best deal I can get is a loss of $9K at least here the 11 M has crashed in value, never had such a loss on any car in that period of time. Also the Black on Black M35h premium touring tech seems to be the way many are shipping there is 1 or 2 like that hear in ATL. Seems for now they are mostly building the M35h loaded.

cruzad3r
Car: 2006 M35x fully loaded

Infiniti was never good with retail value especially when buy new - but we do what we want because we like the car

ocwill1

An outstanding machine-but if you live up North, put her away for about 6 months each year. What was with the X in the first place?
I have a 4x4 truck, so no need to worry about the bad weather. I am in MD, so our winters are normally kind of mild..
So what kind of killing did you take on the 11 37x? I have a 11 M37S that is 9 months old and best deal I can get is a loss of $9K at least here the 11 M has crashed in value, never had such a loss on any car in that period of time. Also the Black on Black M35h premium touring tech seems to be the way many are shipping there is 1 or 2 like that hear in ATL. Seems for now they are mostly building the M35h loaded.
They gave me 2K more than what I owed, and took 1K off sticker.. I am a previous customer, so they gave me a good deal. It was the first one they received, no test drives on it., Sat in showroom since they got it. It was very nice, did the deal over phone with Sales Manager, they delivered to my house.. THey also have a grey one with premium package only, could have gotten better price, but wanted it all this time...

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Congratulations,

I adore the the M35hybrid. That is now my favorite of all of Infinitis' vehicles. Kudos on the black on black with Deluxe touring.

We had one with a stone interior in the Hybrid certification class and it was just such a great vehicle. The pedestrian alert system is such an interesting addition, but necessary. EV mode is just such a neat feature and the Li battery only weight 120lbs instead of the NiMh that can weight 400+.

I really like the tinted sunroof idea. I am actually planning the same thing and am trying to figure out just how dark to go. I miss my moonroof. haha

I know we have only sold two at my dealer and there are not that many around.

It is an amazing car I hope you enjoy. I look forward to following your experiences.

ocwill1

SteveTheTech wrote:Congratulations,

I adore the the M35hybrid. That is now my favorite of all of Infinitis' vehicles. Kudos on the black on black with Deluxe touring.

We had one with a stone interior in the Hybrid certification class and it was just such a great vehicle. The pedestrian alert system is such an interesting addition, but necessary. EV mode is just such a neat feature and the Li battery only weight 120lbs instead of the NiMh that can weight 400+.

I really like the tinted sunroof idea. I am actually planning the same thing and am trying to figure out just how dark to go. I miss my moonroof. haha

I know we have only sold two at my dealer and there are not that many around.

It is an amazing car I hope you enjoy. I look forward to following your experiences.
So far so good. I am getting the clear bra installed on Thursday, and the tint on the sunroof I always go 5%. It pretty much negates the need for the interior cover to be closed all the time. I got gas yesterday, and my mileage was 23.3, but am not sure what the mileage was when they filled up before it was delivered. The odo statement said 25 miles, but that could have been fudged a little. I will get a more accurate reading this time around since I know the mileage when filling up.

I have a fuelly.com account (ocwill1) if anyone has that and wants to watch the mileage...

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

The regular M is highly adaptable. It will probably take you 1000-1500 miles to establish a baseline.

Your best bet might be to reset the cars long term fuel economy monitor. Inside the fuel econ menu.

As for the mileage. All cars we get come with at least 20 miles. Most of that comes from a combination of QC track time in Japan and port travel time.

FastInfinityRYan
Car: 12M35h, 9QX56

Hello. I picked up the exact same car last week in Chicagoland. (see my other post). No deals for me.

I reset the gas mileage estimator on the computer, which started at 16 mpg average as the default. It is reading 26 mpg AVERAGE now after a 6 commuting trips (mostly highway at 65 plus) and three days running errands around town, and still going up.

How to you feel about the acceleration? Is it faster than you expected?

One thing I wonder... can I trust the guy who comes to detail my cars to detail the engine without electrocuting himself? I have him come out once per year, and he does a great job. I will have to check the manual about pulling the fuse in the back, or what to do for engine work. I am sure as heck staying away from those big orange cables under the hood with my own fingers!

Anyway...

Cheers and enjoy your new ride! Post pics with the windows tinted!

CGinev
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35 S

Congrats on the new M! Love that interior trim!! Loving everything...except the wheels. Not sure what Infiniti was thinking on those.

On a side note...are your headrests embroidered or do you have covers on them?

ocwill1

CGinev wrote:Congrats on the new M! Love that interior trim!! Loving everything...except the wheels. Not sure what Infiniti was thinking on those.

On a side note...are your headrests embroidered or do you have covers on them?
They are covers.. I kind of like the wheels. I am not too big on flashy wheels, this will stay mostly stock, since it is a lease....

FastInfinityRYan
Car: 12M35h, 9QX56

+1 wheels. I like the split five spoke better, but these will certainly do just fine.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”