09 Sentra Spec V Shifter Issues

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
aebstract
Car: 09 Sentra SE-R Spec V

Hello everyone, I'm an old member and returning for a little bit of help with my B16 Sentra. It currently has 120k miles. I had the engine replaced around 80k with a 40k mile engine and never had anything worked on in the shifter, transmission, etc outside of this. I was having trouble putting it in reverse, and some with 1st. I kind of figured it out and can get it in to those gears now, but instead of neutral being on a horizontal plane ---- like it should be, it slides at an angle, maybe 20° up and right, like this / but not near as steep as that. So when I try to put it in reverse, I was pulling left and in to first and needed to go down on the angle to get in to reverse. I'll take all of this apart when I get a chance and look at it but was hoping someone could shed a little light on this situation. Thanks in advance!

aebstract

I posted this issue on a miata forum also (I own an na miata) and was mentioned it could be a broken motor mount? Makes sense actually and I've yet to replace mine even after years of spirited mountain driving and autocross events. What do you guys think? I thought my cv joints were bad cause my car has been shaking on acceleration but not 100% of the time, some random times it'll start to drive smooth for a moment. Could my motor mounts have been going out and I not actually have cv joint issues?

aebstract

I am really disappointed that this community seems pretty dead now :sad:

smash209
Car: 2007 Sentra 2.0S

Me too! Any remedy for your issues? I'm having some loose shifter issues myself.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”