09 Murano Door Locks Activate Constantly

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
gratefuldiver
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano

My 09 Murano locks started acting crazy yesterday. The remote unlock doesn't work so you have to use the key to get in. Once in you can hear the lock actuator constantly activating (unlock-lock-unlock-lock) It doesn't stop even after the car is parked and off.

At first I thought it was my wife's remote so I removed the battery and we left in the car with mine but it does the same thing. The only way I could get it to stop was remove the fuse for the BCM. Im thinking its a switch shorted in the drivers door switch assembly but wanted to ask before I tear into it. Im really hopping its not a problem with the BCM as I see it monitors the feed back from everything and sees when the switch is high or low. I tried to de activate the auto lock control per the manual but it doesn't work, the problem persist. I also noticed that when I tried to arm the alarm and lock the doors the horn didn't honk as if some switch wasn't satisfied (This was before I pulled the fuse)

Removing the fuse kind of sucks because I loss my blinkers and window control but I also don't want to burn up the actuators for the locks. That and trying to get the kids to lock there door when they get out is imposable LOL

gratefuldiver

I removed the window/door lock switch assembly from the drivers door and didn't see any issues with the board but there is some logic (chips) on there that could be bad. What was strange was after I put it back together I didn't have the constant locking issue. The locks appear to be acting normal, but I still don't have a horn when I activate the locks/alarm. That tells me there's still some interlock or switch that's not satisfied. I checked all the door switches and latch switch and they check out so Im still leaning towered the switch assembly having a issue.

If you have anything you'd like to add, please do so.

ron69

did you check the hood switch also . When you say check did you do it with a meter or just looked at it.

gratefuldiver

I didn't know there was a switch for hood or just didn't think about it. Thanks, Ill check it when I get home. I checked all the switches with a meter to be sure they opened or closed as they should.

Return to “Murano Forum”