09 Murano dash cracking

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Pattig
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano

My dashboard is cracking. It looks like someone has cut it in multiple places with a razor blade. Some of the cracks curve and some are straight. I purchased the car new in May 09 and live in Florida. It started a few months ago. I thought the first crack happened as a result of someone or something scratching it, but now it is happening all over. Very peculiar. The crack lines seem to follow a pattern. I am taking it to the dealer but wanted to see if anyone was experiencing this. My car is in excellent condition otherwise.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

If the plastic like my Versa you learn to expect that and Florida could easily do it if car parks outside to get sun through windshield just right.

Here in Texas that's normal in varying degrees on almost every brand of car out there from our heat. If black or dark plastic even more so. Some types by the time span there (8 years) have almost turned to dust by then, I had a Ford that had one cover that repeat did that every 4 years. Much of it depends on the blend of plastic used there, some take it far better than others. Some Fords had people grousing about plastic parts biodegrading in less than 2 years, the plastic mixes are sort of made to do that, it lends to the companies' 'green' programs and it sells more parts too.

Your 'pattern lines' may well follow how the plastic flowed as it was injected into the mold.

Alvyy
Car: Nissan Murano 2009

I have started having the same problem. It started a few months ago and they just keep appearing. Is there anything we can do about it?

Return to “Murano Forum”