09 Maxima Removing Door Panel when door stuck closed

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Deeshub
Car: 2009 Nissan Maxima

Is it possible to remove door panel while door is stuck closed? Trying to replace broken latch cable assembly but cannot get panel off of door. And cannot open door. Have all screws removed from inside, handle, widow power panel loose etc. Not able to pop panel off of tabs while closed.

Is there a way to pull cable to manually unlatch while door is closed?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

http://www.nicoclub.com/manuals/Maxima/2009/INT.pdf

Might try removing the power window switch assembly and the elbow rest top cover (NOT door handle) to see if the panel is open underneath to be able to snag the cable with a coat hanger hook or similar. If the cable is not completely severed to have the end hanging loose you may be destroying parts to get to it. Panel has to remove in that case because looks like the door cable assembly is bolted to inside of the panel.

If any of the lock cable can be reached might be best to sever it, trim back part of the cable housing and then activate the cable stub sticking out, provided you can get to it. Might save a lot of parts doing that.

Deeshub
Car: 2009 Nissan Maxima

Thank you! I'll give that a try.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”