08 Titan exterior paint

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
fatcat
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

Recently bought an '08 Titan SE King cab long bed. Paint on the roof is bad. Looks like clear coat has eroded over time, eventually damaging the primary paint color. Since I have bought the truck I have been noticing many Titans on the road and most of them have the same paint problem on the roof and sometimes the hood. Has Nissan addressed this obvious defect with a recall on paint jobs?
Last edited by Rogue One on Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TYPO

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

I wouldn't call it an obvious defect. More likely it's just people being lazy and not taking the time to properly maintain their vehicle. It's something I noticed when I moved to Florida, an inordinate amount of vehicles with similar paint issues (the sun is extremely brutal on vehicle paint down here). Despite the fact that there's practically a car wash on every street corner here in SWFL, some people don't spend the extra time and money to wash & wax their vehicles. Ergo the paint looks like crap.

As for official recalls, here's what comes up: 2008 Nissan Titan King Cab Recalls

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”