08. Seat heater doesn't work, but cooler works. [SOLVED - CCS module]

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
TedW

'08 M35X: I turn on my seat heater and the light goes out after 30 seconds or so. No heat, just in time for winter. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance for any / all replies,

Ted
Last edited by EdBwoy on Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated with solution

EdBwoy

Hello and welcome aboard.

Try the cooling function of your seat as well as the heating/cooling of the passenger seat.

It's also possible that your heating element is probably bad. This is one such thread I found when I searched:
https://forums.nicoclub.com/post6687161 ... r#p6687161

You could find more topics when you search for these words: Peltier, TED, TEU, TEC, thermoelectric, etc...

TedW

Hi EdBwoy:

Thanks for the welcome. I did a search on the forum and found that a common issue in my case is a faulty CCS module: a number of people have had a similar problem, whereby the cooling function works fine but the heater shuts off after 30 seconds or so.

I picked up a used CCS module on ebay for $15 delivered. Not a big deal to switch out (remove the rear trim panel and tip up the back), and while I was under there I cleaned the seat filter and vacuumed out the fan.

Voila! Works great now, and just in time for winter here in Maine. Thanks for helping provide this terrific and helpful forum.

Ted

EdBwoy

Great, thanks for the update.
Did you by chance take any pictures?

TedW

No, I didn't think to. However, the module is right there in the right side. These are two screws to remove, which thankfully are on the side facing you. One is behind some wires, but no big deal. The back end has two dovetail notches. You just undo the screws and slide the module out. Two plugs are on the right side of the module. Reinstall in reverse order. Very simple as these things go!

yeller
Car: Infiniti JX35

Confirmed, thanks everyone for the help. I now have heated seats going into the winter.

For reference, bout the CCS module off ebay for $16
  • Moved seat up and forward
  • Unlipped 3-straps from bottom/under seat holding carpet to lower back of seat (clipped to a horizontal bar underneath seat)
  • Unscrewed two plastic trim philips screws (lower back of seat)
  • Pulled 2-plastic trim fasteners
  • Module is upside down so label/model number is easy to read (I used my phone to snap a pic and confirm what I'm replacing)
  • Unscrew two philips screws holding CCS module in place
  • Press module towards front of car (only 1/2 or 1 inch, other side of module does not have screws)
  • Lower module, then unclip two CCS module wiring harnesses
Reinstall.

cruzad3r
Car: 2006 M35x fully loaded

where can i find more info about this? My rear seat passenger side is not heating but my driver side is. appreciate the info

cjstringer920
Car: '09 M35x

Here are some pics I took when I was changing out my Drivers seat CCS last year. ebay item for ~$15.

https://imgur.com/a/ypPQqg3

Not thorough, but you'll get the idea.

I used a piece of 2x12 to hold the seat up. Pain in the butt if you don't have it held in place.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”